Recipe Poached Eggs of 04-09-2008 [Updated on 16-04-2018]
It may seem absurd to you that this morning I decided to post the recipe for poached eggs on my cooking blog, but I discovered through the comments you left me that not all of them succeed so easily.
So, since you asked me, here's my recipe for poached eggs: P
How to make poached eggs
Break one egg at a time into a plate.
In a saucepan with fairly high sides, pour the water and bring it to a boil, lower the heat and add the salt and vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar).
With a wooden spoon, mix the acidulated water clockwise until it forms a vortex.
Now slide one egg at a time into the saucepan and continue stirring without touching the egg, so that due to the effect of the vortex the egg white becomes the shirt, around the yolk.
* Now you will understand that there are no more delicate steps because it was quite impossible to do the vortex, drop the egg without breaking it and take the pictures, but next time I will put my hubby to take the pictures and I complete them: D *
Cook for 2-3 minutes, then lift the poached egg with a slotted spoon.
Then cook the other eggs, one at a time, with the same procedure, being careful to only simmer the water.
Place the poached egg on a plate and with a small knife remove the smears of the egg white all around, then serve on the plates.
In summary, for the sure success of the poached egg you must follow the following rules:
1) Always add vinegar to the water, essential to facilitate the coagulation of the clear.
2) The water shouldn't boil too hard, just simmer.
3) You have to cook one egg at a time.
4) The eggs must be very fresh.